I am currently looking for Head of ACCA!
HEAD OF ACCA
The Head of Department must be a market orientated individual with a vison of student growth and is also responsible for the effective general management of the School, for ensuring the provision of academic leadership and strategic vision, and for the quality of the student experience.
This role should be seen as a prestigious appointment and should provide ample opportunity for incumbents to demonstrate the academic leadership criteria for Associate Professor and Professor.
He/She will support the Dean of School (or any person appointed by the management) by providing leadership to staff delivering the vision and ambitions for the Department.
The Head of Department will have strategic responsibility to lead across research, learning & teaching, enterprise and professional practice activities to ensure the school is working towards the growth of the School.
She/He will be accountable to the Dean of School (or any other person appointed by the Management) and to be responsible for the following:
Areas of responsibility:
• Provides academic leadership for the development of the subject within and outside the University.
• Support school planning process and develop subject KPIs
• Responsible for ensuring that the subject meets the KPIs that have been devolved from school level
• Ensure that programmes (and modules) reflect changes in the external environment and are aligned to current thinking in the subject.
• Accountable for the performance of programmes hosted by the subject ensuring that outcomes meet the agreed KPIs. Promote the subject externally by developing external links with leading academics, policy makers, service providers, professional bodies, employers and other HEIs to build national and international reputation and profile.
• Stimulate the development of research and scholarship within the subject
• Support the development of a stimulating, creative and collegiate environment in which the subject can prosper and develop leading edge capability
• Ensure there is effective mentoring and support available across all four pathways i.e. research; learning and teaching; enterprise; and professional practice.
• Ensure there are mechanisms for succession planning and capacity building within the subject.
• Contribute to the operation of the school and university through participation in and chairing of school and university committees.
Should you be interested can drop your CV to email@example.com
Source: Sarah Roslan @ City University